Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Migration of APs Controlled by a VC to Aruba Central - Resolving Reassociation Issues

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Migration of APs Controlled by a VC to Aruba Central - Resolving Reassociation Issues

Posted 18 days ago

Hello,

I want to migrate my AP-505 and AP-515, which are currently controlled by an AP-535 as a Virtual Controller (VC), to Aruba Central. These APs have the following firmware versions: 8.6.0.16_83052, 8.9.0.2_83074, and 8.7.1.6_81786. I have registered some devices in Aruba Central, and they work correctly, but when I make any configuration changes and they reboot, the APs re-associate with the VC.

I am also performing a parallel migration with some new devices and APs connected to the VC.

How can I prevent these APs from associating with the VC or, if they do, how can I disconnect them so they can connect to Aruba Central?

• 2.  RE: Migration of APs Controlled by a VC to Aruba Central - Resolving Reassociation Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 18 days ago

so you have these APs running Instant mode. whether they are being managed by Aruba Central or not if they have L2 adjacency among them then they will form a Instant Cluster.so if you put them on a separate subnet then they will be their own VC and will not form an Instant Cluster among themselves. 

However for the multi-model APs to form a cluster they need to be running the exact same firmware and to have L2 adjacency. 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------