Developer

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Missing parts of config when using aoscx_backup_config

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Missing parts of config when using aoscx_backup_config

Posted Jul 25, 2023 06:49 AM

I'm using aoscx_backup_config to store the configuration on a tftp server, but on some 6200 switches I'm missing the first 30 or some lines of configuration. 

The common thing about the switches where config is missing is that the configuration is copied through an IPsec tunnel.

- name: Copy Running Config to TFTP
          aoscx_backup_config:
            config_name: 'running-config'
            remote_output_file_tftp_path: 'tftp://x.x.x.x/{{ inventory_hostname }}.cli'
            config_type: 'cli'
            vrf: "{{ mgmt_vrf | default('mgmt') }}"

The same thing happen if I run the CLI command directly on the switch, but there I can specify a lower blocksize than default, however in Ansible it does not work to do this.

CLI: (this works)

copy running-config tftp://x.x.x.x;blocksize=1000/test.cli cli

Ansible: (this does not work)

remote_output_file_tftp_path: 'tftp://x.x.x.x;blocksize=1000/{{ inventory_hostname }}.cli'

I don't see any way to specify blocksize in Ansible. Is it a missing feature?

• 2.  RE: Missing parts of config when using aoscx_backup_config

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 26, 2023 08:47 AM

Hi Jonlar,

Very funny and strange, do you have make a packet capture ? 

I think, it will be better to post an iusse on Github aos cx Ansible => https://github.com/aruba/aos-switch-ansible-collection

------------------------------
    PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Missing parts of config when using aoscx_backup_config

Posted Jul 26, 2023 09:10 AM

Hi Alagoutte,

No, I haven't done a packet capture. I just assume it has something to do with MTU/MSS. Default blocksize on tftp is 1468, and I guess this cause trouble when doing tftp over an IPsec connection.

I have made an issue on Github. Thanks!