Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobile Devices Not getting IP Address-Aruba 7205 WLC and AP-305

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  Mobile Devices Not getting IP Address-Aruba 7205 WLC and AP-305

Posted Jan 09, 2020 10:21 AM

Its a new installation, i had confiured 2 x 7205 WLC and 56 Access Points ,, WLC is connected direclty to HP Core Switches.. VRRP is configured and working fine..  Mobile devices like Android and Iphone not getting IP Address from DHCP server, while Laptop is okay ..

please help me to find a solution 

thanks,

Anvar

• 2.  RE: Mobile Devices Not getting IP Address-Aruba 7205 WLC and AP-305

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 08:00 AM

If you don't have the basics working, it is really hard to help you in this forum with limited information. It's probably something simple, and if you work with your partner or Aruba Support it is probably much faster to get to a solution and working configuration.

From what I have seen in your different posts it can be the uplink configuration from the controller, the port and VLAN trusts, LACP, to start with. With access to the system for your partner or Support, it is probably easy to run the relevant commands to find and solve the issue.

• 3.  RE: Mobile Devices Not getting IP Address-Aruba 7205 WLC and AP-305

Posted Mar 23, 2023 11:43 AM

Hello Anvar,

was there a solution to your problem? I currently have the same problem with a new installation with two Aruba 7205.

Thanks for a feedback

• 4.  RE: Mobile Devices Not getting IP Address-Aruba 7205 WLC and AP-305

Posted Mar 24, 2023 07:25 AM

A few question

• Are you using clearpass for this installation? Do you have enforcement profile base on the device?  
    • Did you create roles that gets assign base on the device? If it is, check the Role and and see if you have the right vlan setup. 

Check the mac address of the device that is not getting an IP and see if its on the right vlan. 

• 5.  RE: Mobile Devices Not getting IP Address-Aruba 7205 WLC and AP-305

Posted Mar 24, 2023 08:46 AM

Hello,
    no, we do not use clearpass, no roles. The scanners come into their own SSID, behind which a VLAN is configured on Aruba. Aruba passes the DHCP request to the core and on the core switch the DHCP server is controlled with IP helper entries. Very few devices do not get an IP address, many devices are simply connected after a few hours. If you look in the Android scanner, it says "IP address is being retrieved"

• 6.  RE: Mobile Devices Not getting IP Address-Aruba 7205 WLC and AP-305

Posted Mar 24, 2023 11:53 AM

Did you checked which Aruba user role the client gets and which VLAN it connects to?
    You can use the following command in the controller CLI: show user mac <mac-address>. 

------------------------------
    Regards,

Waldemar
    ACCX # 1377, ACEP, ACA - Network Security
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution
    ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Mobile Devices Not getting IP Address-Aruba 7205 WLC and AP-305

Posted Mar 29, 2023 06:13 AM

we have been able to solve the problem. The two Arubas 7205 were connected to Nexus switches 2248. This was the problem. Something is wrong with the Nexus switches, so the clients often can't get an IP address. We have now connected the Arubas to a Cisco switch and the problem is gone.