Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Mobility Master infrastructure modify configuration offline

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Mobility Master infrastructure modify configuration offline

Posted Mar 30, 2023 05:12 AM

Hello,

I need to create a new network twin of the previous, only change the addressing and the names of wlans and policy, the tentation is to backup the confiiguration, modify and restore, but its not simple as the version 6 in the version 8 there is many files to modify.

The network is composed by two mobility conductors and 4 mobility controllers in cluster.

anyone have already tried to do this? it works?

Thank you 

------------------------------
    Dario Nardello
    ACMP ACSP ACCP ACEP

• 2.  RE: Mobility Master infrastructure modify configuration offline

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 30, 2023 09:37 AM

Are you upgrading form v6 to v8? Not sure your questions is clear.

Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022-2023
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Mobility Master infrastructure modify configuration offline

Posted Mar 31, 2023 02:47 AM

Not, I have a wireless network already working, I ahve to configure another network with the same hardware and the similar coonfiguration, change only the addresses and the name of ssid.  imagin two hotels of the same company.
    the question is can I take the Mobility conductor configuration and mobility controllers configuration from the old network, modify the text files and restore to the new devices? Naturally I put the same firmware version.

Dario Nardello
    ACMP ACSP ACCP ACEP

• 4.  RE: Mobility Master infrastructure modify configuration offline

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 03, 2023 09:08 AM

How do you have your configuration organized already. For instance folder structure. It is easy to deploy a site by adding a folder to your root config folder. For instance:

Managed Devices >> Company name (usually best practice to set global configs here) >> Geographical >> Site >> Device Specific.

If you have most of your configuration in the Company Name folder, it will also be configured in the lower folders unless you override the config at the lower level. Adding a site should be as easy as creating another child folder, and adding the devices to be managed in the folder. Make your device specific settings at the level and you should be good to go.

Dustin Burns

• 5.  RE: Mobility Master infrastructure modify configuration offline

Posted May 08, 2023 10:32 AM

hello,
    I have to replicate the enteire infrastructure, (2 mobility Conductors and 4 Mobility controllers), evry site is indipendent.
    example site A  have the addresses 10.3.0.0/16 and the hostnames and SSID names start with  SITEA  (SITEAssid)
    site B have the addresses 10.4.0.0/16 and the hostnames and SSID names start with  SITEB  (SITEAssid)
    I tryed to tke the backup and edit but there is several folders compressed and the restore failed.

Dario Nardello
    ACMP ACSP ACCP ACEP

• 6.  RE: Mobility Master infrastructure modify configuration offline

MVP GURU
    Posted May 09, 2023 07:36 AM

I would suggest either restoring the Mobility Conductors on an isolated vmware environment where you can restore using the same address space as production, and then change the IPs of the Conductor and move it to the new subnet. From there delete the controller entries in the config, and add the new devices. You may need to change out the certificates in the environment if they are specific to the older devices.

If that is not an option, then I would deploy a new Conductor VM and start moving configuration over bit by bit.

Dustin Burns

• 7.  RE: Mobility Master infrastructure modify configuration offline

Posted May 09, 2023 09:37 AM

Yes, Normally I use the 2nd, I copy the configuration committed in the "Mynode" and the specific folder below the "managed networks", I edit and paste in the new infrastructure.

Dario Nardello
    ACMP ACSP ACCP ACEP