Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Models of Directional Antennas

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  Models of Directional Antennas

Posted Jul 28, 2022 04:30 PM
    We use an Aruba - Campus mode environment in all of our offices.  All of the Access points are indoor access points that have a n omni-directional range.  What Is The Difference Between An Omnidirectional Antenna And A Directional Antenna?

I have been tasked with finding some antennas that will have directional antennas.  So we can potentially focus wireless range in a specific location.  I guess the idea is if the staff is at a loading dock and there is a cement wall where the loading dock gates rise, we want the wireless signals to extend to where the semi trucks go.

Are there any Aruba Access Points that we can use with directional antennas?  So we can point the wireless range in a specific direction?

------------------------------
    Stavros K

• 2.  RE: Models of Directional Antennas

Posted Jul 28, 2022 04:36 PM
    AP-367 - is that too much?

https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=7&MID=15670&CommunityKey=867d34a4-1e6a-4b9a-9349-df7b4c84b3cb&tab=digestviewer

I guess we are looking for Indoor Access Points with directional antennas.

Stavros K

• 3.  RE: Models of Directional Antennas
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2022 07:10 PM
    you can use AP-567s which have built-in directional antennas (90°H x 90°V). very easy to install., they are outdoor APs but you can also use them indoor.
    here is the datasheet for it
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/resource/560-series-access-points-data-sheet/

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 4.  RE: Models of Directional Antennas

Posted Sep 04, 2022 07:08 PM
    I apologize for not replying back sooner.  I am fine with an AP-567 or AP367 the only question is what Aruba is till selling. 

Thanks,

Stavros K

• 5.  RE: Models of Directional Antennas

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2022 04:37 AM
    For loading docks, I would think an outdoor AP would be the more logical choice. For carpeted offices it may be less logical. Also if you take into account the indoor AP + antenna + additional mounting complexity/cost, the outdoor AP may be even more economical, but it will be more reliable and robust for sure. Availability and delivery times for APs differs by country/location, so check with your Aruba partner or local Aruba sales team which will be best for you at the moment.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.