Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Modifying IP address for ClearPass in Azure

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Modifying IP address for ClearPass in Azure

Posted 13 days ago

I am migrating ClearPass in Azure from 6.10 to 6.11, and I want to keep the same IP Address. I am testing the procedure in a lab stup.

As per documentation, IP address is managed by Azure, so I modified the IP address for mgmt NIC to static and set it to the required IP address (I modified also the IP address for old ClearPass to avoid conflict).

When I start ClearPass after modifying IP address, all service stop and never starts. Any idea if this is common behavior? What is the solution for this?

What is the best approach to upgrade Azure deployment from 6.10 to 6.11 while keeping the same IP address?

• 2.  RE: Modifying IP address for ClearPass in Azure

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

If I'm remembering correctly, setting a static IP address within ClearPass, when operating as a VM in Azure, doesn't work as expected and shouldn't be used.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: Modifying IP address for ClearPass in Azure

Posted 12 days ago

I am setting the static IP address in Azure, not ClearPass. ClearPass server gets its IP address from Azure VNET and Subnet settings

• 4.  RE: Modifying IP address for ClearPass in Azure

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

Good to hear, wasn't entirely clear from your post and some users have made that mistake.

You can open a case with TAC but I'm seeing indications that changing the IP address of a ClearPass VM in Azure just doesn't work.  I've not played with Azure enough to know for certain, but when you're "setting the static IP address in Azure", does that mean setting a specific IP address on the vNIC?  Or are you just creating a DHCP reservation for the VM?

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 5.  RE: Modifying IP address for ClearPass in Azure

Posted 12 days ago

I set it statically by following the process below. It seems to be working, but when I modify the static IP address in Azure all serveries stop. I tried reloading the VM with no improvement. 

I am wondering if there is any trick or procedure to modify  ClearPass IP address in Azure.

I'll open a ticket with TAC. Thanks 

Create a VM with a static private IP address - Azure portal

Microsoft remove preview
    Create a VM with a static private IP address - Azure portal
    Learn how to create a virtual machine with a static private IP address using the Azure portal.
    View this on Microsoft >

• 6.  RE: Modifying IP address for ClearPass in Azure

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

I have a feeling that just isn't going to work.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110