Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Monitor used memory in CX using SNMP

This thread has been viewed 57 times
  • 1.  Monitor used memory in CX using SNMP

Posted Jan 14, 2023 05:31 PM
    I'm unable to locate an OID that allows me to monitor memory usage in Aruba CX switches over SNMP.
    None of the standard OIDs in HOST-RESSEOURCES works on a CX-6100

Where can I find these OIDs? I can't snmpwalk my way to them, and I cant find it the downloaded MIB library for Aruba CX.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Monitor used memory in CX using SNMP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2023 05:53 PM
    Hi,

Did you try to check https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.10/HTML/snmp_mib/Content/Chp_MIB_sppt/new-int-mib-tra.htm ? The table arubaWiredSystemInfoTable in ARUBAWIRED-SYSTEMINFO-MIB contains:

arubaWiredSystemInfoMemory OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX Unsigned32 (0..100)
    MAX-ACCESS read-only
    STATUS current
    DESCRIPTION "The memory usage of subsystem in percentage."
    ::= { arubaWiredSystemInfoEntry 4 }

You need 10.10.xxxx s/w installed on your 6100 to have this object available.

------------------------------
    Ivan Bondar

• 3.  RE: Monitor used memory in CX using SNMP

Posted Jan 14, 2023 07:02 PM
    Thanks mate. I will give it a spin to see what that reports. In the mean time I got some data out of HOST-RESSOURCES on memory. I had a config error in my Zabbix template. However - the switch dashboard says 29% memory utilisation - the SNMP Query says 38%... Wonder what that is about.

• 4.  RE: Monitor used memory in CX using SNMP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 15, 2023 04:57 AM
    The dashboard's CPU report shows current average CPU utilization. It should correlate with the 'CPU Util %' parameter in the output of 'show system' command. Could you check if both give you similar values? I am asking to understand where we have this discrepancy - between web ui/cli and snmp or between web ui and snmp/cli. Also could you clarify which object from HOST-RESOURCES MIB do you monitor?

Ivan Bondar

• 5.  RE: Monitor used memory in CX using SNMP

Posted Jan 15, 2023 08:45 AM
    Hi Ivan

The CPU usage between UI, CLI and SNMP correlates just fine. It's memory utilisation that's misreporting (in my config) over SNMP - UI and CLI agree on 29% percent utilization. The switch is a CX-6100 v.10.10.1020 and I'm using the standard Zabbix HOST-RESSOURCES MIB now, and monitoring the discovered memory from there (discovery[{#MEMNAME},1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.3,{#MEMTYPE},1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.2,{#ALLOC_UNITS},1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.4]). The built in calculation returns 38% used from the Memory Used out of Memory Total.

• 6.  RE: Monitor used memory in CX using SNMP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 15, 2023 10:14 AM
    Sorry, my bad, I got another question about CPU utilization and both got mixed in my head :)

Those OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.3.1.* seem to be for storage, not for memory.

Ivan Bondar

• 7.  RE: Monitor used memory in CX using SNMP

Posted Jan 15, 2023 10:46 AM

Yeah that was also my first thought (even though it is meant to be for memory).

But the CLI command "sh system ressource-utilization all" shows storage as 64% full on the switch, so that is even further away from the SNMP output.

• 8.  RE: Monitor used memory in CX using SNMP

Posted Jan 15, 2023 07:36 AM
    Hello, I would like to ask how to enable snmp on the switch, I want to monitor my switch and AP on ariwave platform