Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MPSK ClearPass with MAC reg

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  MPSK ClearPass with MAC reg

Posted 25 days ago

What is the best form to use for MAC reg for MPSK devices in ClearPass? 

I have enabled the fields 'mpsk_enable' and 'mpsk'  - when I create a device through mac_create or mactrac_create I get a value returned as '1' for the Wifi password which I am expecting to see the MPSK for that MAC address?  

Other steps taken: 

-Followed wizard for service mpsk with mac auth. 

-Set the MPSK config to use 'always generate unique device wif-fi passwords' 

Are there any up to date guides on how this is configured? 

• 2.  RE: MPSK ClearPass with MAC reg

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

It may be a bit confusing, but the mpsk_enable field shows/controls if mpsk is enabled, the mpsk field (which you may need to add to your form) contains the actual PSK:

You also may need to enable under Configuration -> Guest Manager the view password capability in addition to the View Password Operator privilege which by default are both disabled as far as I know:

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------