Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

MPSK Question

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  MPSK Question

Posted 16 days ago

I have a fast question regarding this.

Does it allow just one device per password or many device can log in with the same password

What I want to know if its a one to one password or I can log in with on password for example all my cameras log In with this password and all my printers log in with this one something like that.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: MPSK Question

Posted 15 days ago

You can use as many devices as needed with each password. 

• 3.  RE: MPSK Question

Posted 15 days ago

With MPSK WLAN, the preshared key is not stored locally in the controller, but is sent as a radius VSA from the ClearPass to the controller. Your enforcement profile only needs to send back the correct value, so both are possible.

You can use a dedicated key for each device. In this case, you save it in the guest device and reference it in the enforcement profile with "Radius:Aruba Aruba-MPSK-Passphrase = %{Authorization:[Guest Device Repository]:Device MPSK}".

Alternatively, use one key per device type/device guest role. In this case, you set the key in the enforcement profile "Radius:Aruba Aruba-MPSK-Passphrase = aruba123". The ClearPass GUI does not allow you to select a value yourself, one is generated automatically. If you want to use your own key, export the enforcement profile to XML, set your own key and import the profile.

------------------------------
    Regards,

Waldemar
    ACCX # 1377, ACEP, ACX - Network Security
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 4.  RE: MPSK Question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 14 days ago

Which MPSK?  There are a few implementations depending on version of AOS.

MPSK Local (Instant and AOS 10) doesn't require MAC address registration.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110