Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple IAP 205's having issues

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Multiple IAP 205's having issues

Posted Aug 15, 2022 01:44 PM
    Hey Everyone,

Apologies for the vague title, having a difficult time with getting these guys working. 

Scenario

Environment: Medical Clinic

Devices: ~60

IAP 205's: 3

I do not have a virtual controller on these ap's so this is how I've been setting it up.

Individually they provide the setmeup wireless connection. I connect to it and set up the ssid and password. Sometimes when I am configuring multiple they will see one another, but often times they set up individually. Once provisioned I put them up through the clinic and have them boot up.

Issues:
    -The clients are randomly being kicked off of the wifi, it will show connected but no internet.
    -In the mornings it seems as if everyone experiences an initial struggle to connect.
    -The wifi signal will rotate from 1 bar to full strength and go back and forth.

Please let me know what details I may provide for further assistance. I have been working on these and reading through forums for the past 48 hours straight and cannot find a solution. 

• 2.  RE: Multiple IAP 205's having issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 05:12 AM
    You probably want to create an Instant Cluster of these APs. These videos may help you get started.

Also, upgrade the AP firmware if possible, and if you have not done yet.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------