Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

multisite single ssid authentication ?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  multisite single ssid authentication ?

Posted Sep 13, 2022 06:16 AM
    I am trying to make one SSID work in a few sites, all of the sites are part of the same organisation and use the same MS/office-365 tenant and authentication.

I have got the  ssid to work in 2 places, but it seems that the handset I use to test is configured to use only the ssid in one location, and does not work in the second location, should this work ?

so the process I used to connect to the SSID is to copy the authentication string from the aruba-central-security and send that to the handset, there on one of the sites I clink on the link, install the onboarding client and then install the profile, this works when I am on that location, but not on the other locations.

so when I install the onboarding profile, does that restrict access to the ssid on this particular site only ? or should this work on all sites using the same SSID and authentication.

• 2.  RE: multisite single ssid authentication ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2022 09:18 AM
    From what you describe, I understand this is an Aruba Central Managed network, with multiple sites and Cloud Authentication and Policy configured where clients are Onboarded using AzureAD/Office365.

In Cloud Authentication and Policy, you select on a global level the WLAN, which then is configured for Cloud Authentication. For that to work, it may be that the sites need to be in the same Group in Central, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'd suggest working with Aruba Support to check if you configured this correctly.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------