Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

NetEdit not discovering 1 switch

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  NetEdit not discovering 1 switch

Posted Mar 21, 2023 02:47 PM

I have a TAC case open, waiting on support. but figured id ask if others have run into this issue.

I have a aruba 6200f (JL724A) that just is being stubborn and does not want to be discovered by netedit.

Net edit was updated twice (from 2.41 ->2.5 -> 2.6)

Switch is on an older os, but being updated saturday (10.08.10.21 -> 10.11.005)

It sees our 6300 and 8325s, all on the 10.8 firmware (also being done saturday)

Ive tried the command mentioned in the documentation (referenced below) about an issue about this, but maybe ive done it wrong?

Only other point of mind is all our Aruba switches are directly connected to each other, EXCEPT this switch tthere is a Cisco Nexus sandwiched between one aruba switch (discovered) to this one.

Vlans pass through fine and as expcted., its accesible via ssh, https, everything i throw at it...except this.

----Notes about the LLDP command,

We do not currently us OOB port, i have created a mangement vlan interface that is routed internally via the trunks.

-vlan 509

-interface vlan 509 ip address 10.25.9.35/24

-lldp management-ipv4-address 10.25.9.35

The LLDP management address needs to be configured on the device before attempting discovery from NetEdit in order to use a device's OOBM IP address to discover a device that has any of the following properties: n loopback IP addressed configured n route-only-port IP address on the connected interface n SVI IP address on the connected interface This can be accomplished by running the lldp management-ipv4-address command from the device.

• 2.  RE: NetEdit not discovering 1 switch

Posted Mar 22, 2023 07:43 AM

Hi, probably you've already checked it but in order not leave anything out. Can you make sure the REST API is enable:  show rest-interface.

I hope this helps