Training, Certification & Career

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

New equivalent of ACEP?

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  New equivalent of ACEP?

Posted Jul 06, 2023 09:17 AM

Hi all - I am hoping to complete the requirements for the ACEP soon (mobility, switching, and design), having begun a couple of years ago, and am a little disappointed to see that it is being retired soon, and I can't see an obvious replacement. Is there one?

I was eager to pursue the ACEP for a few reasons:

• It allows flexibility in selecting the 3 most relevant technologies for your needs
    • Once you have achieved it, only a single exam is required every 3 years to recertify all of the constituent ones

However once the ACEP is gone, I don't see an equivalent in the rest of the line-up. I mean, the Campus Access Professional looks like it overlaps with both the Mobility and Switching tracks (but perhaps not Design), but presumably it doesn't have the same depth / detail as it is a single exam, rather than requiring 3 exams to initially obtain the cert. So it seems like a step down. Equally, it doesn't look like achieving the ACEP now will count for anything in the future (eg as a prerequisite towards migrating to one of the newer certs). Am I missing something? What is the expected cert path to progress from ACEP once it is no longer available?

• 2.  RE: New equivalent of ACEP?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2023 11:43 AM

The idea of the new certification is that is removes the product silo's and delivers something equivalent to what ACEP did in the past: demonstrate that someone can integrate multiple products into a complete solution.

Some more info in the migration document, and how existing Edge Certifications are covered.

Most people I spoke with that took the new Aruba Certifications do like it because it also covers technology in general versus just products & configuration. Maybe if you have gone through you have a different opinion. Anyhow, I believe (but can't find the details) that if you complete either 3 AC*P exams or 2 AX*P and one ACP exam before end of October 2023, you will be awarded Edge Professional for life.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: New equivalent of ACEP?

Posted Jul 06, 2023 03:36 PM

Thanks a lot, I hadn't previously seen those articles you linked to. Sounds a lot more promising than I was thinking!

Also I noticed at the bottom of the second article it says "HPE Aruba Networking will announce a new recognition program to acknowledge those with multiple HPE Aruba Networking certifications in Fall 2023", suggesting that there may be something else coming soon that covers that aspect too.

• 4.  RE: New equivalent of ACEP?

Posted Aug 10, 2023 04:15 PM

Just thought I'd post a follow-up, having now achieved the ACEP, specifically in regards to:

"Most people I spoke with that took the new Aruba Certifications do like it because it also covers technology in general versus just products & configuration".

I can certainly appreciate that would result in the new certifications being more well-rounded in general, and better suited for many people. Although in my particular case I'd like to think I already know most of the underlying technology (CCIE plus 15 years of experience). My goal was just to learn the Aruba-specific implementation details (ie the "products & configuration"), which were new to me, so was quite happy that was the main focus of the older exams.