View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

New IAP CLuster joining Airwave Groupe with different version

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  New IAP CLuster joining Airwave Groupe with different version

Posted Oct 20, 2022 07:07 AM
    Hello,

I have Airwave with one Group named MygroupeV810 who works on version 8.10 .
    I have a new Out Of Box cluster ( same AP model) running version 8.7 which i would like to have the same Configuration as MygroupeV8. This VC will be upgraded on V8.10.
    Initialy, The VC can join the Group ,but with error mesage , and no configuration is received from airwave.

How i can proceed ?
    - Upgrade first the cluster on V8.10 befor joining Airwave on groupe MygroupeV810 ?
    -Create a new temporary Groupe MygroupeV807on airwave just the time to perform the upgrade to 8.10 , and then change the Groupe of the VC to MygroupeV810 ?
    - Anoter solution ?

Thank you for your help

• 2.  RE: New IAP CLuster joining Airwave Groupe with different version

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2022 05:17 PM
    Hi,

A better option would be to add the new VC to the existing group 'MygroupeV810' by having the group enforcement turned on. This is under the Group> Firmware tab. Select the group MygroupeV810, and in the sub tabs you will find 'Firmware' section. Set the 'Enforce Group Firmware Version:' to Yes. At the bottom, you get save and save and upgrade options. If you just hit 'save', any new device add to the group will be upgraded to the version set. If you did 'save and upgrade', then the devices in the group will be upgraded to the firmware version set which is self explanatory.

By doing this, any devices added to this group will be upgraded to the current firmware version already set.

~Please leave a kudos if you liked the solution.~

• 3.  RE: New IAP CLuster joining Airwave Groupe with different version

Posted Oct 24, 2022 07:54 AM
    Hello,
    In fact , your solution is the easiest :)
    Thank you fpr your help