Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

New, out of the box AP 305. Can't web browse to it to convert to Campus

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  New, out of the box AP 305. Can't web browse to it to convert to Campus

Posted Mar 15, 2023 12:36 PM

Hello, I've done some searching and looked at the manual but I can't web browse to my AP to convert it to campus.

I can see that it's getting a dhcp number. I can ping it but I can't browse to it.

I'm not seeing the "instant" being broadcasted so I can't connect to the AP and browse to instant.arubanetworks.com

I factory reset it a few times with a paperclip.

I'm not seeing the Ap's mac address)on my Controller like I would if it was a new Campus AP.

I feel like I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks..

• 2.  RE: New, out of the box AP 305. Can't web browse to it to convert to Campus

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 04:44 PM

you can check the label of this AP to ensure if it is Instant AP or not.

if it is not an instant AP, then you can't browse to it and it will not broadcast any setmeup SSID.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: New, out of the box AP 305. Can't web browse to it to convert to Campus

Posted Mar 15, 2023 05:43 PM

Thank you for replying!

Model number is APIN0305

Part number(?) is JX936A

Any ideas on what I should try next?

My laptop is on the same subnet as the AP.

Power button is a blinking green light at varying speeds like it's trying to boot up.

Every 5 minutes or so it flashes red once.

The other light is off.

I've let it run for over an hour in case it need to to finish booting, then tried a reset a few times. Held the pin down from 5 to 30 seconds to see if that mattered. Came back in an hour to the same thing.

As I was writing this, I took another brand new one out of the box, same model. (I had just received 4 of them from HP after doing an RMA)

It booted up fast, two blinking green lights, I web browsed to the IP# and converted it to Campus just like I always have.

So was the first one a bad AP or am I resetting them wrong??

• 4.  RE: New, out of the box AP 305. Can't web browse to it to convert to Campus
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 06:41 PM

JX936A is AP-305 which is controller based AP and it is not an IAP-305, so it is not an instant AP.

This AP needs Aruba controller, if you have one, the simplest way to get it going is to ensure that it shares a VLAN (Layer 2 adjacncy) with the controller.

That ways it will find the controller and will shwup there and you can confgure it from the controller WebUI.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: New, out of the box AP 305. Can't web browse to it to convert to Campus

Posted Mar 15, 2023 07:11 PM

That was it!

I can't thank you enough.

Upon closer inspection the ones that I had no trouble with were JX946A.

I totally missed it.

Thanks again!

• 6.  RE: New, out of the box AP 305. Can't web browse to it to convert to Campus

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 09:43 PM

good to hear, you resolved it.