Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Number of licenses used much higher than the number of connected users.

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Number of licenses used much higher than the number of connected users.

Posted 19 days ago
    Hello everyone, how are you?

I would like to ask a question, although I imagine that the behavior is common, just with a longer delay in synchronizing the license count.

There are times when I only have 800 users connected to my network, but my Clearpass license count is still at 4000, a number that has not been real for a long time.

Does anyone know if I have somewhere I can reduce this synchronization time? I found that after long hours the count ends up decreasing naturally, but this worries me because at various times I have had a number greater than the licenses I have (I know this does not affect the operation initially).

Has anyone had this problem and have a solution? Or is this normal behavior?

• 2.  RE: Number of licenses used much higher than the number of connected users.

Posted 19 days ago

Hi,

Make sure Radius Accounting is properly configured. 

------------------------------
    Harendra
    ACEX165
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Number of licenses used much higher than the number of connected users.

Posted 19 days ago

Is RADIUS accounting properly configured on the NADs?