Developer

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Official ClearPass Ansible collection

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Official ClearPass Ansible collection

Posted Jul 17, 2023 03:34 AM

I see a similar question about two years ago but without a definite answer and two years later things might also have changed.

We standardise automation on Ansible and would like to configure ClearPass via Ansible. For example adding guest device accounts.

Is there an official Aruba Ansible collection for ClearPass and if not (which seems to be the case; Ansible galaxy search only turns up an unofficial one  which seems to have its own issues) are there plans for that?

• 2.  RE: Official ClearPass Ansible collection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2023 07:57 AM

The official Aruba ansible modules are here. I'm personally not aware of an official ClearPass Ansible module or plans for that.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Official ClearPass Ansible collection

Posted Jul 17, 2023 04:36 PM

Hi @boneyard ! At this time we don't have a Clearpass Ansible collection planned but we did just release a Python SDK for Clearpass here: https://github.com/aruba/pyclearpass

As a workaround you can utilize these Clearpass Python functions within Ansible since it is Python based.

Ti Chiapuzio-Wong (they/them)
    HPE Aruba Networking

• 4.  RE: Official ClearPass Ansible collection

Posted Jul 24, 2023 01:10 PM

Thanks Herman and Ti.

With that last suggestion I assume building an own collection / module?

• 5.  RE: Official ClearPass Ansible collection

Posted Jul 31, 2023 02:42 PM

Yes you could build your own and then contribute it back to Aruba using our devHub Code Exchange or you could also evoke Python scripts using Ansible as well

Ti Chiapuzio-Wong (they/them)
    HPE Aruba Networking