Security

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OID Aruba Controller 7210

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  OID Aruba Controller 7210

Posted 7 days ago

Hello, 

I have the following question, we are setting up a monitoring system and want to use it for the SNMP protocol. 
    I would like to read the temperature of the Aruba Controller 7210. 
    I would also like to know the total number of APs, the ones that are offline/online including the name. 

Which OIDs are these? 

Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: OID Aruba Controller 7210

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 7 days ago

You can get the MIBs for the 7210 from the Networking Support Portal.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: OID Aruba Controller 7210

Posted 7 days ago

Hello Herman, 

Thank you for your reply, but I have another question. I read everywhere that you have to download the MIB files, but what can I do with this? 

Are the OIDs written out or the like in these MIB files? 

I have also downloaded MIBs for other hardware, but that is where my knowledge of what to do with these files is limited. 

Is there an explanation somewhere on how to use/read MIB files or whatever. 

I use a monitoring tool that includes SNMP and I can use the following: 
    SNMP Get 
    SNMP Trap
    SNMP Table

Thank you in advance for the explanation and answer. 

regards

• 4.  RE: OID Aruba Controller 7210

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 6 days ago

I'm not an SNMP expert, but MIBs is the 'industry standard' to be imported into SNMP tools to support additional equipment and it contains a standardized format to map OIDs to something more useful/readable.

It's quite rare that people create their own monitoring tools, but with MIBs you should have all information needed in case you want to. Most customers use an 'off-the-shelf' monitoring, like Airwave or Aruba Central in case of Aruba.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.