Aruba Central

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

On Prem VS. Cloud

This thread has been viewed 62 times
  • 1.  On Prem VS. Cloud

Posted Jun 20, 2023 11:30 AM

Which is better? What's the difference between Central on premise and cloud? I've tried asking multiple people but none came back with an answer. Any help is much appreciated!

• 2.  RE: On Prem VS. Cloud

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2023 08:48 AM

Aruba Central can run in the cloud in a 'software as a service' or SaaS model. You don't need to install anything, everything is managed, monitored and maintained from the cloud. HPE Aruba Networks makes sure that Central is always running and up-to-date, you just login to your account and work with it.

If you need for some reason to run Central inside of your own network, there is Central-on-Prem (COP), which is hardware that you install in your own datacenter or environment and deliver the Central platform but running from your own appliances. You should install, perform upgrades, monitor the servers, all yourself.

Unless you have a strict reason for running Central onpremise, the cloud version is the easiest option for most customers.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: On Prem VS. Cloud

Posted Sep 13, 2023 12:11 PM

Hello Herman,

I have the same question and I've just begun doing my research. But I'd like to have a document that shares the pros and cons of each. I've heard that by having "on-prem", you loose certain functionalities. I need to validate this statement.

Many thanks.

• 4.  RE: On Prem VS. Cloud

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2023 09:37 AM

Maybe your Aruba partner or local Aruba SE can help you with such a document, if you are a partner with access to Arubapedia for Partners, there seems to be a comparisson sheet under the Central On Prem page.

The Aruba Central Key Features and Aruba Central On-Prem Key features may also help.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: On Prem VS. Cloud

Posted Sep 18, 2023 10:27 AM

Thank you.

• 6.  RE: On Prem VS. Cloud

Posted Sep 19, 2023 11:16 AM

If you have access to AFP, you could search for "Central On Prem".

There is a comparison doc, "COP vs Central Cloud vs Airwave".