Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Only Mobility Conductor in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Only Mobility Conductor in Airwave

Posted Mar 27, 2023 11:32 AM

Last week everything in my Airwave was fine, today I log in and see only 1 device as showing up and everything else as down (They aren't actually down and no reports of issues as of now) The only device that is showing as up is my Mobility Conductor. Any thoughts that would cause this?

• 2.  RE: Only Mobility Conductor in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2023 11:50 AM

Possible communication issues. or the server might be choked due to less resources. Does the server has free disk space. you can check from System > Performance page. If the page has high CPU/Memory or RabbitMQ graphs. This would require a call to Aruba TAC to check the system.

------------------------------
    Regards
    Gowri Amujuri

• 3.  RE: Only Mobility Conductor in Airwave

Posted Mar 27, 2023 11:57 AM

I looked at the controllers through airwave and it's stating 'SNMP get failed' as for the Mobility Conductor only 30% storage is used, at peak 18% CPU and 5GB/57GB for memory.

I have two separate Airwaves for two different areas. Both sets of controllers fall under the same Mobility Conductor and only the controllers on Airwave (A) are having this issue. Airwave (B) controllers are showing in Airwave correctly.

• 4.  RE: Only Mobility Conductor in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2023 11:59 AM

Apologies, i should have been clear. I meant to check the System > Performance on the AirWave server for any spikes and disk usage

Regards
    Gowri Amujuri

• 5.  RE: Only Mobility Conductor in Airwave

Posted Mar 27, 2023 12:27 PM

I'm not sure if i'm thankful that there are no spikes showing or worried. For device polling it's even saying it took .31 seconds for ICMP Pings to the devices however they are being shown as down (Aside from the conductor)

• 6.  RE: Only Mobility Conductor in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2023 12:39 PM

Thats good :)

At this point, we need to look at the server. Please open a case with Aruba TAC to check logs and find the cause.

you can also try restarting the services in Airwave under System > status page to make sure the services are up and running, if any service is stuck.

Regards
    Gowri Amujuri