Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Optimizing Mesh connection

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Optimizing Mesh connection

Posted 23 days ago

Recently configured a mesh connection to get network access to an outdoor classrom we built. Everything is working great, just curious if there was anything to look at to make sure it's optimized? This is the first mesh I've setup, so I'm not sure what to check. I followed the "Simple Mesh Deployment Guide". Below are iperf results from my laptop plugged into the switch at the classroom side.

[ ID][Role] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate
    [  5][TX-C]   0.00-60.00  sec  2.30 GBytes   329 Mbits/sec                  sender
    [  5][TX-C]   0.00-60.01  sec  2.30 GBytes   329 Mbits/sec                  receiver
    [  7][RX-C]   0.00-60.00  sec  1.51 GBytes   216 Mbits/sec                  sender
    [  7][RX-C]   0.00-60.01  sec  1.51 GBytes   216 Mbits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.

• 2.  RE: Optimizing Mesh connection

Posted 23 days ago

For AOS6.X, there used to be a VRD type document with recommended tuning settings. Not sure how applicable it is for AOS8 or 10. I've just begun moving my mesh shots from 6.X to 8.X.

• 3.  RE: Optimizing Mesh connection

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 23 days ago

The main thing is to make sure that the RSSI seen between the two is as high as possible.  Double check the transmit powers configured, make sure that you are operating in a channel that allows for the higher transmit powers, check the RSSI for the link.  Make sure no WLANs are configured to operate on the 5 GHz radios.  Reduce broadcast and multicast traversing the mesh link as much as possible to reduce wasted airtime.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110
    ------------------------------