View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Password Recovery for HP 7503 Switch Chassis

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Password Recovery for HP 7503 Switch Chassis

Posted Aug 15, 2022 01:44 PM
    Hello,
    I need to proceed to a password recovery of an HPE Switch Chassis in my company, the password recovery feature is enable in the configuration of the switch.

I already tried to follow this document : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?cc=us&docId=emr_na-c03716363&lang=en-us

But getting to the part to acces the upload menu, the following instruction as stated don't work, or perhabs I missunderstood how to do it : Already tried "A+CTRL+Y ; CTRL+Y ; A then CTRL+Y".

TYPE A CTRL y AND enter AT THE BOOT MENU  THIS WILL BRING YOU TO ANOTHER MENU THAT WILL ALLOW YOU TO DOWNLOAD THE .CFG FILE TO A TFTP SERVER.  USE NOTEPAD TO MODIFY THE CONFIG FILE TO REMOVE EITHER AUX 0 4 AUTHENTICATION MODE, OR LOOK AT THE CONFIG FILE FOR PASSWORD INFO  TFTP SERVER MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE ETHERNET MANAGEMENT PORT

I'm really out of idea so I'm putting this post out there.
    Thank U.

• 2.  RE: Password Recovery for HP 7503 Switch Chassis

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2022 03:22 PM
    Hi Kidnard!

It is CTRL-B not Y.  Just CTRL-B.

You have to catch it before it moves on to load Comware.

The document is correct as written.

Good luck!

Regards,
    David

• 3.  RE: Password Recovery for HP 7503 Switch Chassis

Posted Aug 19, 2022 04:30 PM
    Hi, thank you for your answer but I think your talking about the part to get to the bootmenu,  already did it with pressing CTRL+B before the load of the comware.

But then u have to access a second menu to proceed to the password recovery, the access to that menu is the ambiguous part I have issue understanding in the HP document previously cited.

I don't how from the first boot menu u can access the second menu where u can upload the .cfg file to a ftp server. (As it's explain in the document)