Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Pixel Pro 7 will not connect to secured networks only Open Guest

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Pixel Pro 7 will not connect to secured networks only Open Guest

Posted Mar 08, 2024 09:29 AM

This is an odd case: Recently, my Pixel 7 Pro will no longer connect to two password-protected networks set up in Instant On but has no issue connecting to an unsecured Guest network. 

All the devices are model AP12, and the two password-protected networks are using WPA2 + WPA3 Personal. I'm assuming the issue is a software update on the Pixel 7 Pro but it's odd that it would still connect without issue to the Guest network and my WiFi network at home. I have tried resetting my network settings on the phone without a change, and the only other recommendation I have found is to factory reset the phone, which is more of a hassle than I am willing to go through at this moment.

I'm hopeful that someone else might have run across this before and can offer advice. As far as I know, I'm the only device with this issue. There is no error message other than could not connect and check my password. 

• 2.  RE: Pixel Pro 7 will not connect to secured networks only Open Guest
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 08, 2024 12:43 PM

Kris,

Are you the admin of the Instant On APs? It looks like if you have "WPA2 + WPA3 Personal" mode selected, that sounds like the equivalent of transition mode. If so, can you experiment by turning the mode to just "WPA2 Personal" to see if you can then connect? My understanding is that transition mode on Personal can be problematic.

Thanks,

Brad

• 3.  RE: Pixel Pro 7 will not connect to secured networks only Open Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2024 11:19 AM

There is a dedicated Aruba Instant On Community - https://community.arubainstanton.com/home

Have you searched or raised the question there?

That is different to this forum regarding the focus of products.

• 4.  RE: Pixel Pro 7 will not connect to secured networks only Open Guest

MVP
    Posted Mar 12, 2024 07:29 AM

You will likely get better answers in the Instant On part of thr forum. Here we discuss Campus APs and Instant APs which are quite different.

------------------------------
    Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer
    ------------------------------