Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Port Security - Configuration for Wake-on-LAN traffic (or traffic for "quiet" devices on the network")

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Port Security - Configuration for Wake-on-LAN traffic (or traffic for "quiet" devices on the network")

Posted Jan 16, 2024 07:22 AM

On ArubaOS switches, I use the "aaa port-access controlled-direction in" setting along with static VLAN membership for the port to allow broadcasts to reach unauthenticated devices. This is useful for "quiet" devices on the network that seldomly communicates, causing the port to time out and become unauthenticated.

Examples:

• A PC that is shut down but passively listens for Wake-on-LAN traffic
    • An embedded device such as a printer that enters sleep mode and waits for ARP traffic before waking up again

In the cases above, the port entering an unauthenticated state blocks all outbound traffic - including broadcasts - by default. This prevents WoL traffic from working, and also causes certain embedded devices (such as printers) to drop off the network.

Question: Is there a way to get similar functionality to "aaa port-access controlled-direction in" on Comware switches? I'm using 5130's, but I'm guessing any Comware 7 device would have similar commands for this.