Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Positioning of the instant APs within the cluster

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Positioning of the instant APs within the cluster

Posted Mar 09, 2024 05:09 PM
      |   view attached

Hi

Can we place instant APs(515)  in a single cluster that spans across the different buildings of the  Campus as shown in the attached figure or shall  I create 03(Three)  clusters for individual buildings?  In the single cluster setup, 4 SSIDs are configured out of four one SSID is common in all buildings and the remaining 3 SSIDs are specific to each building.  In a multi-cluster setup, I will create 2 SSIDs in each cluster.  One common SSID in each cluster, and one specific SSID of the individual building.

Kindly also let me know if the performance of the clients will be better in a single cluster or in multi-cluster setups. ?

------------------------------
    Dr.Samir Srivastava
    KNIT Sultanpur (UP)
    INDIA

Attachment(s)

pdf
    wlan - BH.pdf   97 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Positioning of the instant APs within the cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2024 07:52 PM

If the RF coverage allows for seamless roaming from building to building, and there is an expectation for doing so, then a single cluster would be the better option.

Otherwise this just depends on how you want to manage and configure the cluster(s).

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110