Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Prevent Switch from Sending User/Pass to Clearpass for 802.1x

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Prevent Switch from Sending User/Pass to Clearpass for 802.1x

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:40 PM
    I am testing 802.1x configuration with an Aruba 6300M and Clearpass authentication/authorization.  I have that connection working with DUR.  However, I'm trying to authenticate the machine rather than the user signed into the machine.  I can't figure out a way to prevent the switch from sending a new authentication request when a user logs into the machine.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Prevent Switch from Sending User/Pass to Clearpass for 802.1x
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:48 PM

In the 802.1x configuration for that network under advanced, you need to make sure it is "computer authentication":

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------