Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with ARUBA 203R to accept Dlink or TP link extenders

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Problem with ARUBA 203R to accept Dlink or TP link extenders

Posted Sep 13, 2022 02:55 PM

We need to connect an equipment having only an ethernet connection port to our ARUBA 203R wifi coverage. We've tried setting up TP Link and D link Extenders. The setup on the extenders goes well ( recognise the Aruba Wifi range). When rebooting the extenders the Aruba does not accept them showing a different IP address than the one suppose to used by the Aruba,  See below screen shot taken at the ARUBA and TP link  configuration.

Can above extender be used with the ARUBA  203R, 303R or 325 and how?
    Is the policy of ARUBA not to accept usage of extenders? What alternative solution proposed
    What solution to be used to enable the connection of an equipment through it's Ethernet connection to be linked through an ARUBA wifi coverage.

• 2.  RE: Problem with ARUBA 203R to accept Dlink or TP link extenders

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2022 02:50 PM
    @Herman Robers can we get some assistance with his?​

------------------------------
    Greg Weaver
    Airheads Community Admin

• 3.  RE: Problem with ARUBA 203R to accept Dlink or TP link extenders

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2022 09:31 AM
    I don't think it is a policy to explicitly block range extenders, but I'm not sure how this configuration would work. If it is connected to the wired network and broadcasting the same SSID, then expect severe issues when roaming. If it connects wirelessly to the Aruba AP then is doing NAT for clients that connect to the 'range extender', then it should work. If it bridges clients, I would expect issues because then multiple clients share the same wireless connection.

Wireless mesh is something to avoid at all cost, and mixing enterprise WLAN with consumer products is a bad idea as well.

The system has been designed to work with other Aruba APs, and while I read that you are budget constrained, I don't see a way to build something with range extenders/repeaters that will work reliably. You should be able to find a 203R/303R/325 pretty affordable these days as these are relatively old models.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.