Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with some macOS devices disconnecting and then blacklisting

This thread has been viewed 41 times
  • 1.  Problem with some macOS devices disconnecting and then blacklisting

Posted Aug 15, 2022 01:48 PM
    Hi all,
    - We have a pair of Mobility Controller 7205 running os 8.7.1.3_79817, it is managed by the Mobility Master device.
    - We use Clearpass for user authentication 802.1x. MacOS devices not join in AD.
    - We had an issue where some MacOS devices automatically disconnected after connecting for about 1 minute and were blacklisted on Mobility Master but We still have other MacOS devices connected successfully and working fine
    + Authentication on clearpass is successful and device connected
    + After 1 minute, device automatically disconnects with no reject log on Clearpass
    + When I try to check the logs with the command 'show client trail info' on disconnected devices, I see the device is roaming even though I'm not movin, Reason is Sta has left and is disassociated, Alert is denied and Blacklisted

Please help me,
    Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Problem with some macOS devices disconnecting and then blacklisting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2022 04:23 PM
    If you can see the blacklist reason while they are in the blacklist, we can take it from there.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Problem with some macOS devices disconnecting and then blacklisting

Posted Aug 16, 2022 12:31 AM
    Thanks for the early reply,

I don't know how to find the blacklist reason.
    I tried to check the log with the 'show ap client trail-info' command of the disconnected device, I see the device is roaming even though I'm not moving, Reason is Sta has left and is disassociated, Alert is denied and Blacklisted.

• 4.  RE: Problem with some macOS devices disconnecting and then blacklisting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 05:17 AM
    Check the denylist/bl reason with this: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/CLI-Bank/Content/aos8/sh-ap-bl-clnt.htm

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Problem with some macOS devices disconnecting and then blacklisting

Posted Aug 19, 2022 03:52 AM
    Thank Cjoseph,
    Thank Herman Robers,

Blacklist reason is user-define.
    I have searched for information regarding this reason, but I can't find anything.

Please help me, what should I do next?

• 6.  RE: Problem with some macOS devices disconnecting and then blacklisting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2022 05:13 AM
    See here where denylisting may come from. Not sure if Authentication failures or Firewall driven show up as user-defined... but it looks like someone intentionally configured this.

With the behavior that users can connect and are disconnected after about a minute, I would have a look at your firewall policy first, then IDS.

It may be good to have a look with Aruba support to go through the logs and configuration to see where this is coming from.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: Problem with some macOS devices disconnecting and then blacklisting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2022 07:54 AM
    type "show log security all" and see if there are any messages related to blacklisting.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card