Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions

PXE Boot performing randomly on cascaded switches

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  PXE Boot performing randomly on cascaded switches

Posted 13 days ago
      |   view attached

Hello,

I'm facing PXE-Boot issues within a school network. I'm posting here to make sure I'm not missing something on switches configurations. The issue is that PXE-boot is performing systematically with success on switches directly connected to the core switch stack. On cascaded switches, ie switches connected to another switch but not to the core switch stack, pxe-boot is randomly performed: sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If I temporarily connect a cascaded switch to the core switch stack, pxe-boot from this switch becomes systematically successfull (and randomly performed on the previously attached-to-the-core-switch-stack one). 

Both client computers and servers are on the same default VLAN #1. I have a DHCP server together with a dedicated WDS server that delivers ISO images.

I have made a synthetic view of the situation giving switches' interfaces configuration (see attached file). I can add additional informations if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help and technical tips on that subject.

Thomas