Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Query Regarding Aruba API Compatibility with Custom Wireless Network Login Page

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Query Regarding Aruba API Compatibility with Custom Wireless Network Login Page

Posted Feb 21, 2024 05:02 AM

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project where I need to implement a custom wireless network login page with Aruba equipment. Specifically, I am looking to allow users to input their phone numbers for authentication purposes, and then record this data within the Aruba wireless controller.

Before proceeding further, I wanted to reach out to this knowledgeable community to inquire about the compatibility of the Aruba API with my requirements. I have reviewed the available documentation, but I would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences from those who have worked with the Aruba API in similar scenarios.

My main concerns are:

1. Does the Aruba API support the functionality of capturing user input from a custom login page?
    2. Is it possible to authenticate users based on the phone numbers they provide through the custom login page?
    3. Can the Aruba API be used to store this user data within the Aruba wireless controller?

Any guidance, tips, or pointers would be immensely helpful in guiding my development process. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

• 2.  RE: Query Regarding Aruba API Compatibility with Custom Wireless Network Login Page

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2024 05:06 AM

The controller does not store such data, so the answer is 3 times no.

You would need an external captive portal solution, like ClearPass for such features including validating the phone number by sending an SMS with confirmation code that needs to be entered for network access. Your Aruba partner can probably guide you through the requirements and product selection.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------