Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Question regarding advanced PAPI security on 7240 controller

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Question regarding advanced PAPI security on 7240 controller

Posted Mar 15, 2023 08:21 AM

I am wanting to enable the advanced PAPI feature on a 7240 Controller.

The controller is a standalone with no management by either Central or Airwave.

I am unsure about the section of the configuration guide that says that both the conductor and all related devices must be configured with the same key.

Am I correct in my assumption that because this is a standalone controller that there is nothing more to do other than enable the feature and configure a key because there are no other controllers or Airwave involved?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

• 2.  RE: Question regarding advanced PAPI security on 7240 controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2023 04:52 AM

I would say yes. Note that PAPI runs over IPSec normally (CPSec), but setting a key may protect you against some target attacks against the normal PAPI running on a controller.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Question regarding advanced PAPI security on 7240 controller

Posted Mar 16, 2023 07:08 AM

Thank You @Herman Robers