Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

RA-Guard on CX6100?

This thread has been viewed 53 times
  • 1.  RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 08, 2022 09:11 AM
    How to enable RA-Guard on CX6100?
    The datasheet says it can do it, but nothing in the Command Reference guide.
    *nd-snooping doesn't seem to apply to the 6100 series

• 2.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2022 07:28 PM
    I dont think this is supported on 6100, where did you see that it is supported in DS?
    This is the extract from DS

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 12:24 AM
    Hi Starsky,

I've checked IP Services Guides for the platform (for ver. 10.08 and 10.09), no mention of ND Snooping and/or RA Guard in particular. However the QuickSpecs for the 6100 promises this feature:

When there is a mismatch between the specs on one side and guides/actual CLI of the device on another side in 90% of cases it is a typo (or should I say a copy-paste problem) in the specs. 

Ivan Bondar

• 4.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 02:09 AM
    I would generally go with datasheet instead of quickspecs

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 02:14 AM
    Exactly, that was my point - the discrepancy between DS/Guides on one side and QuickSpecs on another side might be the cause of this confusion :)

Ivan Bondar

• 6.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 09, 2022 03:59 AM
    Thanks for your replies and the heads-up that the QuickSpecs sheet is not to be trusted.
    Unfortunately we've already bought 100 of the CX6100s for our edge and now can't implement this required feature.

• 7.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 09, 2022 04:03 AM
    Starsky, I suggest you to contact the HPE Sales in your region asap and check with them for available options.

Ivan Bondar

• 8.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 09, 2022 01:08 PM
    Recently I ran into the same issue: The current HPE Quickspecs mention RA-Guard for 6000 and 6100 but it's not implemented.
    https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00021859enw
    It's available on 2530, 2540 and 2930 but on CX only 6300 and 6400.

I opened a case at Aruba Support 2 weeks ago and they've send me a link to the feature-navigator which states that this feature is not available on 6000/6100. They advised me to make a feature request via Innovation Zone, but I'm unable to access Innovation Zone, receiving some cryptic web error message. Currently fighting with Aruba support again, how to get access.

HPE/Aruba doesn't really seem to be interested to correct the misleading information in the quickspecs.

Meanwhile you could try to block IPv6 RA with access-lists.

• 9.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 09, 2022 01:08 PM
    Recently I ran into the same issue: The current HPE Quickspecs mention RA-Guard for 6000 and 6100 but it's not implemented.
    https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00021859enw
    It's available on 2530, 2540 and 2930 but on CX only 6300 and 6400.

I opened a case at Aruba Support 2 weeks ago and they've send me a link to the feature-navigator which states that this feature is not available on 6000/6100.
    They advised me to make a feature request via Innovation Zone, but I'm unable to access Innovation Zone, receiving some cryptic error message. Currently fighting with Aruba support again, how to get access.

HPE/Aruba doesn't really seem to be interested to correct the misleading information in the quickspecs.

Meanwhile you could try to block IPv6 RA with access-lists.

Henry

• 10.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 10, 2022 06:16 AM
    I open a new idea at Innovation zone for this problem. Please vote for it. More votes higher the chances to be implemented.

https://innovate.arubanetworks.com/ideas/SWITCH-I-781

Best, Gorazd

• 11.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 10, 2022 08:13 AM
    Thanks Gorazd, that's great - unfortunately I can't seem to log in to that 'SSO' portal (even though I can log on to the ASP portal.)

• 12.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 10, 2022 08:47 AM
    Thanks. I would vote for this idea but I don't have access to the link, too.
    Aruba doesn't give access to Innovation Zone without some type of Support Contract. It just shows a cryptic logon error. I opened a case but my request was denied.

Henry

• 13.  RE: RA-Guard on CX6100?

Posted Jun 13, 2022 04:40 AM
    Same here - no access but I do need this as I migrate from ArubaOS-S to CX.  .