Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP's Without Mobility Conductor

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  RAP's Without Mobility Conductor

Posted 3 days ago

Hello,

We have a 7210 Mobility controller and 6000 series local controllers for our different locations. I would like to build an 8.x Aruba Wireless topology with my 7210 Controller. I can not upgrade 6000 controllers to 8.x versions because i believe it is not supported. Can I make my 109 Series Access Points from different branches as RAP Access points with 7210 Controller only or do i need a Mobility Conductor/Master required for that i am confused. Whenever i search for a 8.x topology it has Mobility Conductor in it. I want to tunnel my Access Points from branches to my Center. Is it possible to do that without Mobility Conductor? Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: RAP's Without Mobility Conductor

Posted 3 days ago

Hi Gregory,

I think your RAP-109 isn't supported anymore in current supported AOS8 releases.

The lowest aos8 release now is 8.10.X where al the AP-1XX are not supported anymore.

So I would advise to renew you're AP's as well.

You can do RAP without conductor, but you will lose some functionality.

See for more info on how to configure here: https://community.arubanetworks.com/discussion/arubaos-8-setting-up-remote-access-point-rap

Did you consider aos10 already with central?

• 3.  RE: RAP's Without Mobility Conductor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

Last supported AOS Release for RAP-109 is the AOS 8.6 Code train, which is end-of-support since November 2023.

RAP-109 was launched January 2013 and is end of support since April 2023 (10 years of support!)

You can use the 7210 either in so called standalone Mode (active / passive) or with an optional Mobility Conductor to have advantages like active / active Controller Cluster.

Standalone Config is stated here as an example - https://www.flomain.de/2017/11/master-standby-arubaos-8/

I would suggest that you contact your Aruba representive to work on a solution.