Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

Posted Aug 18, 2022 10:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'am using a MC-VA 8.8.0.1 with 35 AP and today my controller rebooted.

after a little look i found this in the system information : Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

i didn't find any precise information about it, someone know what happend ?

thank you by advance 

Damien Gagnaire

• 2.  RE: Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 18, 2022 10:34 AM
    Do you have a * character on your cli prompts? For example: (MM-1) *[mynode] #

If so, run a "tar crash", and call TAC for them to take a look at the exact cause for the crash/reboot. Could be many things.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

Posted Aug 18, 2022 10:43 AM
    Hi DB86, 

Thank for your answer.

I haven't the '*' on my cli. (what does this '*' mean ?)

tar crash found nothing.

i will probably call the TAC.

• 4.  RE: Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 18, 2022 11:26 AM
    * means that there is crash information available. The tar crash packages it up so it can be downloaded from the controller. If you don't have it, I would work with TAC to see if there is anything they can see. Most information is lost on reboot though.... Do you have airwave monitoring the controller?

Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 5.  RE: Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

Posted Aug 19, 2022 03:28 AM
    I have a graylog server that didn't give much information but no Airwave

• 6.  RE: Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2022 01:51 PM
    8.8.0.1 is very old.  I would try upgrading to the latest 8.8.x

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 7.  RE: Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

Posted Aug 19, 2022 03:44 AM
    Hi cjoseph thank for your answer.

I am looking for upgrading, i found 8.8.0.3 as last version do you agree ?

• 8.  RE: Reboot Cause: Nanny rebooted machine - gsmmgr process died (Intent:cause: 86:34)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2022 05:05 AM
    That is the latest 8.8 release that I see as well. You may consider upgrading to a recent 8.9 or 8.10 as well you you don't want to stick to 8.8.

Also, double check your VM resources, that those match the system requirement, there is enough memory, CPU, disk, and with dedicated/reserved resources.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.