Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Recommended Mounting Height for Aruba 575EX APs

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Recommended Mounting Height for Aruba 575EX APs

Posted 26 days ago

Hi support,

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to discuss this in this community, and if it's not can you tell me the correct community. my question is we want to use Aruba 575EX wireless AP in our workshop which is a 'Class 1 Division 2' place, I want to check what is the recommended height for installing the 575EX AP? Because the ceiling of this workshop is about 9 meters, and I remember the Aruba 515 indoor AP's best height for installation is about 4-5 meters. Does the 575EX AP can work more higher than indoor AP, and what is the mount kit model or part number for 575EX to install on ceiling?

• 2.  RE: Recommended Mounting Height for Aruba 575EX APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 26 days ago

Mounting APs up to 10m typically is not a problem for the coverage, as exactly below the AP the distance is 'only' 10m, and if you move further away you get more signal from the antenna gain. Best would be to model your environment in an RF Planning tool, and compare coverage and performance with your requirements. When I hear 'workshop' that's also a trigger for possible RF blockers (metal, beams, equipment, supply) and RF interference (equipment). It may be best to work with a Wi-Fi consultant who has experience with similar environments as there is not something like an optimal installation height to make sure everything works, or a non-optimal height that makes everything to break. It's dependent on the environment, as well what is practical possible.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Recommended Mounting Height for Aruba 575EX APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 26 days ago

The 575, specifically, is fine at 9 meters assuming the propagation pattern and coverage is as desired..  Just make sure to run the radios at a higher transmit power, probably starting at 27 dBm or higher.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110