Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Redirect failed Mac Auth client to static web page in Central?

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Redirect failed Mac Auth client to static web page in Central?

Posted 21 days ago

Is it possible with Central / AOS10 to redirect a client that has successfully passed password authentication for an SSID, but then fails Mac authentication? This helps our local building techs notifying them that the mac address isn't in the database while on boarding new devices.

Right now if it fails Mac authentication, it just gives a generic error message depending on the OS.

I have just a static HTTP page we host internally that just says it's uncofigured for the network.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Redirect failed Mac Auth client to static web page in Central?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 20 days ago

what authentication are you using? do you mean PSK? Also note that you can use cloudauth that is part of Aruba Central 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Redirect failed Mac Auth client to static web page in Central?

Posted 17 days ago
    Yeah I'm using PSK and also Mac Authentication. If they get the password correct, but fail Mac Authentication I would like to direct them to a static HTTP page.

--
    Matt Fogleman
    Network Administrator
    Unionville-Chadds Ford School District
    (o)  (610) 347-0970 x3332

This is a staff email account managed by Unionville-Chadds Ford School District.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast, a leader in email security and cyber resilience. Mimecast integrates email defenses with brand protection, security awareness training, web security, compliance and other essential capabilities. Mimecast helps protect large and small organizations from malicious activity, human error and technology failure; and to lead the movement toward building a more resilient world. To find out more, visit our website.

• 4.  RE: Redirect failed Mac Auth client to static web page in Central?

Posted 17 days ago

Can you please share a screenshot of the message that you see on a client? It may help to understand what's wrong.

If you can as well share a screenshot of the Security step in the SSID configuration, that would help as well..

The concept is to have a role that has your HTTP page configured as captive portal, and make sure that devices that are not authenticated receive that role.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.