Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Remote Access Point not showing up on Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Remote Access Point not showing up on Aruba Central

Posted Nov 08, 2022 10:45 AM

Hello team,

Hope you are all doing great.

I'm not sure if I'm asking this question in the right forum but please point me to the right one.

So I am in need for my APs to get them up on my Aruba central.

The scenario is this:

1. got 04 AP-303 and deployed them on two sites

2. site1 - 02 APs (direct connection through router without Firewall)

3. site2 - 02 APs (connection through Firewall - Kerio Control Center)

4. on site1 - APs are showing up on Aruba central and can manage them smoothly

5. on site2 - APs stays as preprovisioning and cannot see them on dashboard

6. but when connected directly through router, they come up without problem, therefore there are some filtering on my firewall which I tried to authorize with help of this link https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/central/latest/content/nms/device-mgmt/communication_ports.htm?Highlight=communication%20port

but did not help, still not showing up.

Then, my question is, is there any rules I need to be aware of or the link above do not show the right ports or link I need to authorize ?

Also, I noticed that when I add the port 443 on the list of authorized ports for Aruba, then I cannot reach Aruba Central (strange).

Thank you already for any of your input.

• 2.  RE: Remote Access Point not showing up on Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2022 07:48 AM
    It should be TCP 443 for Aruba Central cloud connectivity.

Try to SSH into the AP and run this command:
    show ap debug cloud-config-received

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Remote Access Point not showing up on Aruba Central

Posted Nov 09, 2022 11:59 PM
    Hello @cjoseph​Thank you for your time pointing this.
    TCP:443 is by default authorized on my firewall but for some reason it's not coming for that particular AP.
    The command is showing:
    - Master# show ap debug cloud-config-received
    No configuration received from Central yet
    I think it means that there is no communication between my cloud aruba central and my APs. Maybe I need to dig deeper on my firewall since there is no issue when APs are connected directly through router (bypassing the firewall).

• 4.  RE: Remote Access Point not showing up on Aruba Central

Posted Nov 10, 2022 08:22 AM
    Hi guys,
    Just wanted to let you know that I figured out what was wrong with my APs not showing up on my Aruba Central.
    The fact was that the APs got their IP addresses from DHCP and on a different subnets, therefore no internet access. I found that out after checking the configuration through SSH and set a static IP addresses then made a reservation by MAC address on the firewall.
    Anyway, this is working now but I would admit that I think I have issue on my Kerio Control Center since every IP addresses delivered must have internet access after assignment but it didn't for some reason I have to check which is outside of this discussion.
    Thank you for all and wish you all the best.

--
    What we are today comes from thoughts of yesterday,
       and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow,
                   our life is the creation of our mind

"When you know yourself, you're empowered. When you accept yourself, you're invincible."