Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Removing controller from Mobility Conductor cluster

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  Removing controller from Mobility Conductor cluster

Posted Jun 16, 2022 10:59 AM
    Hello!

I have recently deployed a Mobility Conductor virtual cluster for a customer and attached one Aruba 7205 controller. I then configured the entire wireless environment from scratch. The customer had forgotten to purchase the Mobility licensing, and after receiving a quote they've decided that it is too costly. They would like to remove the controller from the Mobility Conductor cluster and run it it master/standalone mode.

Is it possible to remove the controller from the cluster, and have it maintain its configuration that it inherited from the Mobility Cluster? I am trying to avoid having to reconfigure everything from scratch again!

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: Removing controller from Mobility Conductor cluster

Posted Jun 16, 2022 05:50 PM
    So, first, make sure you back up all the configs, and the flash. Move them off the controller (i.e. flash drive.tftp, etc.). 

Then, you can't manage/config a controller that's associated to a vMM/MM. You need to turn on disaster-recovery: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/CLI-Bank/Content/aos8/disatr-recov.htm

That will allow you to change the config. You can try pointing it to another master, or just run it standalone.

So, let us know what you end up doing.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Ambidexter
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Removing controller from Mobility Conductor cluster

Posted Jun 17, 2022 04:34 PM
    Are there CLI commands that can change the mode to standalone, or does that require a factory reset?