Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Restore local management to Aruba Central-managed switch?

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Restore local management to Aruba Central-managed switch?

Posted Jul 11, 2022 09:36 PM
    Hey y'all
    I'm a newbie to the AOS-CX/Aruba Central world after over a decade manually managing switches in the old ProCurve/ArubaOS universe. I just sat down to deploy a new CX 6100 switch, naively thinking that the changes would be incremental from the old ArubaOS platform, but I am instead experiencing some serious future-shock. I'm attempting to translate the configurations from an EoL ProCurve to this new switch, however I've lost the privileges to locally configure the CX switch over HTTPS. I can still log in locally under the admin account but it displays "Central Managed" at the top of the Web GUI page and appears to be in read-only mode now. Because of this, I'm in the awkward situation of having to configure the CX switch using Aruba Central via an internet connection provided by the ProCurve it's replacing, and as far as I know "I'm my own grandpa" is only funny if it isn't playing out in a production network environment.

Ideally, I'd like to be able set the CX on my bench, isolated from the production network, and just plop in the initial configs (VLANs, static IPs, routing) manually while I explore Central and the new CLI interfaces at my leisure. Unfortunately Central seems to have hijacked management control from the local administrator over the HTTPS interface and I'm not sure how to find my way back to get this new switch into production.

My question is (perhaps) simple. How can I restore local management of a switch that has been on-boarded with Aruba Central? We're in a pretty vanilla authentication environment with no RADIUS or TACACS.

Looking forward to getting the ball rolling with this new platform and learning what else it is capable of. Thank you for your insights and patience!

------------------------------
    Chris Zappe
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Restore local management to Aruba Central-managed switch?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 12, 2022 09:07 AM
    Chris --

Easiest way to change this is from the command line.  Using the admin login go into config mode and then issue the following commands.

aruba-central
    disable

This will disconnect the switch from Central and restore local config until you re-enable it.