Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

roaming 11v not working?

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  roaming 11v not working?

Posted 14 days ago

I use two Aruba APs,and configure them with the same SSID name, password and encryption type, and activated the 11k and 11r , but cell phones didn't roam smoothly between two APs,keeping connecting to one AP even if I walkd closed to the other and received RSSI of connected AP is pretty low. So I use wireshark to caputure the wireless packets, however, there's no 11v frame captured, does APIN0555 support 11v? and how can I activate it to assit clients to roam?

• 2.  RE: roaming 11v not working?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 14 days ago

is this for Instant APs? and does your clients support 11v? 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: roaming 11v not working?

Posted 14 days ago

both are yes

• 4.  RE: roaming 11v not working?

Posted 14 days ago

and I haven't found the bottom to enable 11v in AOS 10, is it canceled in OS10 ?

• 5.  RE: roaming 11v not working?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 14 days ago

in AOS10 11v is enabled by default.

Also note that with AOS8.x IAPs, 11v works with clientMatch  service so you need to enable.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.