Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

Running iBGP Between ArubaOS-CX VSX Switch and Cisco for UpStream Routing

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Running iBGP Between ArubaOS-CX VSX Switch and Cisco for UpStream Routing

Posted Jun 08, 2023 12:48 PM

Almost, if not all, documents on VSX explain upstream routing using OSPF in detail. I have used it and it works well. Nonetheless, I have a Data Centre Interconnect (DCI) requirement that demands iBGP between the VSX in one data centre and Cisco in another. 

There is an existing VSX LAG (trunking multiple VLANs) connecting the VSX switch to the Cisco. My intention is to define a transit VLAN on both VSX members and enable active forwarding on it. This thought triggered my question below.

Since enabling active forwarding would make the transit VLAN have different IP addresses on the two VSX members, would the VSX members also have to be BGP neighbors to themselves as well?

It would be nice to have documentation on implementing BGP on the VSX for upstream routing, just like how we have for OSPF.