Aruba Airwave

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Scheduling daily monitoring outages

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Scheduling daily monitoring outages

Posted 4 days ago

Hi all, I'm hoping that someone may be able to assist me with an issue I have in my Airwave 8.2 platform with alerts.

I have placed all of my organistations RAPs in groups depending on the function, such as RAPs that are used at corporate sites vs home user models.

I have set a trigger for 'Device Down' when the device type is a Remote AP and the minutes down is >= 10. The folder and group is set for the office models.

This does work as alerts are being generated. I have also set a similar alert for when the RAP comes online in the group/folder.

This allows me to track the offices so my team is alerted when an office goes offline.

However my next issue is there are nightly outages for the connections the RAPs use, any time between midnight and 7am approx. so I want to exclude those times to create alerts.

I have tried going into the group settings and adding a maintenance window for daily, starting at a time like "Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:00am ACST" to match the current local time format and the duration of "7 hours"

However Down/Up alerts still get generated.

Can anyone assist with some other setting that I may have missed for this function? Thanks