SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!

SD-Branch NextHop Configuration Question

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  SD-Branch NextHop Configuration Question

Posted Feb 08, 2024 08:16 AM

Hi All,

In a SD-Branch environment on a site with a pair of branch gateways.. Branch gateway 1 (BGW1) has an MPLS WAN uplink and BGW2 has a Internet uplink with a static IP set.

WAN Redundancy is configured and both BGW are utilizing both WAN uplinks.

Primary path for Internet based traffic for clients should be the Internet uplink with the secondary being the via the tunnel to the VPNC using the MPLS uplink.

I can set the primary and secondary paths in DPS but that will attempt to push traffic over the MPLS underlay if the secondary path is used.

I think a nexthop assigned in a PBR, combined with the above DPS, would be required for this setup. The NextHop configuration would have a NextHop IP set as the Internet uplink gateway IP and the MPLS IPSec maps to the VPNC. This should be fine for BGW2 where the Internet WAN uplink resides, but what would I put in the NextHop IP section on BGW1 as this gateway doesn't know about the Internet uplink IP details? Would I just set the NextHop IP to DHCP and assign the Internet uplink VLAN ID?

Or is the a different/better way to do this?