Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Sending back information with DUR's

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Sending back information with DUR's

Posted Apr 04, 2023 10:35 AM

Hello everyone,

I am a student and currently working on a IT infrastructure for a company. I have a question about the DUR's (Downloadable User Roles) that you can use to send back information to a switch or access point. I know that you can send back information about, for example, Vlan id / name. But is it also possible to send back information to a switch like; ip-helper or a dns-server?

What I want to achieve, is that when a client is connecting to a switch, that clearpass sends back all the information needed for the port. (Vlan id; IP-helper; DNS-server; etc).

So my question is: Is it possible to send back information like ip helper-address x.x.x.x (For DHCP) and dns-server x.x.x.x?

kind regards,

Jeffrey Mik

• 2.  RE: Sending back information with DUR's
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2023 11:51 AM

No, ip-helpers are configured on the VLAN, not on the port or authenticated user.
    The DNS server for the switch itself is a global setting for the switch, and the DNS server for the user is normally delivered through DHCP (and the ip-helper just covered) based on the VLAN that a client is placed in (which can be DUR). The switch or ClearPass don't have anything to do with that.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Sending back information with DUR's

Posted Apr 06, 2023 04:28 AM

Thank you Herman for your quick response.
    It is clear to me right now!

Jeffrey