Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Sensor wireless EAP-TLS

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Sensor wireless EAP-TLS

Posted 9 days ago
      |   view attached

Hello

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a  UX-G6E Sensor, that i'm trying to setup with EAP-TLS, on a wireless network.

The wireless network is validating endpoints by machine certificate. 

I created a machine certificate (.pfx), that i tested on a clean installed machine, and it works without any issue on the SSID.

When i use the same certificate on the UX-G6E Sensor, then it fails with this error:

Wi-Fi association failed

[ { "elapsed": 0, "properties": { "State": "disconnected" } }, { "elapsed": 0.008, "properties": { "State": "inactive" } } ]

Looking through the 802.1x certificate information, the certificate chain looks fine. Dates are valid as well.

So i'm a bit unsure what i did wrong

• 2.  RE: Sensor wireless EAP-TLS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 3 days ago

Do you have ClearPass as your RADIUS server? The RADIUS server logs may provide you additional information.

If I'm right, under Advanced you can (should) also set the RootCA that signed the RADIUS server certificate. It may be that the sensor doesn't trust the RADIUS server cert.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------