SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

Posted Apr 17, 2024 02:21 PM

I am trying to get the details (Model, Version, Serial#, etc.) of our SD-WAN gateways using SNMP. I used the snmpwalk tool to test the information available. I see that the agent outputs 
    SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba9004-LTE-US), Version 10.4.0.3 LSR (87961)

However, I don't see the Serial number of the device in the snmpwalk output and I am puzzled. 

If needed, I can attach the snmpwalk output here. 

Any clues?

-kd

• 2.  RE: Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2024 11:43 PM

the latest LSR firmware for gateways is 10.4.1.1, so try tat if it works but generally you should get that info fro Aruba Central or using Central APIs, 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

Posted Apr 18, 2024 01:21 AM

I would think the Serial# of the Gateway is very basic information that should have been present right from the first release. I also tried the Gateway UI and I still don't see the Serial# in the UI too. 

Where can I find the correct MIBs for these 9004 SD-WAN gateways?  

One more question: Do these Gateways support Redfish based management?

Thanks for your help

• 4.  RE: Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2024 02:38 AM

AOS10 gateways needs Aruba Central. So you can view the serial numbers from there.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

Posted Apr 18, 2024 03:33 PM

I figured out the issue and was able to get the serial number of the device. However, there's another anomaly in the SNMP output and I will create another post for that.