SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

Posted 13 days ago

I am trying to get the details (Model, Version, Serial#, etc.) of our SD-WAN gateways using SNMP. I used the snmpwalk tool to test the information available. I see that the agent outputs 
    SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba9004-LTE-US), Version 10.4.0.3 LSR (87961)

However, I don't see the Serial number of the device in the snmpwalk output and I am puzzled. 

If needed, I can attach the snmpwalk output here. 

Any clues?

-kd

• 2.  RE: Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 13 days ago

the latest LSR firmware for gateways is 10.4.1.1, so try tat if it works but generally you should get that info fro Aruba Central or using Central APIs, 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

Posted 13 days ago

I would think the Serial# of the Gateway is very basic information that should have been present right from the first release. I also tried the Gateway UI and I still don't see the Serial# in the UI too. 

Where can I find the correct MIBs for these 9004 SD-WAN gateways?  

One more question: Do these Gateways support Redfish based management?

Thanks for your help

• 4.  RE: Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 13 days ago

AOS10 gateways needs Aruba Central. So you can view the serial numbers from there.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Serial number of Aruba-9004 Gateway via SNMP not showing

Posted 12 days ago

I figured out the issue and was able to get the serial number of the device. However, there's another anomaly in the SNMP output and I will create another post for that.