Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Set a default group at login

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Set a default group at login

Posted Aug 02, 2022 05:15 PM
    Is it possible to automatically log into a certain group, rather than the "default" group?

• 2.  RE: Set a default group at login

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 02, 2022 06:31 PM
    If in Central you mean the "Global" Location, then I do not think so. Global is not a group, and is used more for displaying information across all groups.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Set a default group at login

Posted Aug 03, 2022 10:39 AM

If you take a look at the screenshot above,  you will notice the "default" Group, and then the Primary group after that (the red line).

All of the configuration is in this primary group.     Whenever I, or the customer, logs into central, they have to click on this group before they can configure anything.       It's not a huge extra step, it just seems unnecessary.      It's more of a pain during deployment, but figured I would ask if there was a way to set central to use this new group as the "default" upon login.

Do you usually just put your APs and sites into this default group?

• 4.  RE: Set a default group at login

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 03, 2022 09:16 PM
    No, you would want to put your APs in the Group they will be a part of. All of the configuration for that group does not come form the default group.

Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos