Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting up new controller and moving from Instant

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Setting up new controller and moving from Instant

Posted 2 days ago

I've been working on setting up Virtual APs and think I have that mostly down, however, clients can see the SSIDs, but don't get IPs.

I do show a few connected that got IPs, but it's about 3 out of 40.

Running ArubaOS 8.10.0.12.  Mostly 505 and 555 APs.  I have one 10GB SFP+ port set as a trunk with native VLAN 1.  I have 9 wireless VLANs allowed on that trunk.  I tried setting to bridge mode and setting the role.  Right now it's set to "defualt-iap-user-role".

Kind of at a loss right now.  Sorry for the lack of information.  Not sure what is relevant.

• 2.  RE: Setting up new controller and moving from Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

controller based wireless APs are used to tunnel the traffic to the controller. if you want to bridge the user traffic then you can use Instant APs.

when you use controller (with appropriate licenses) then the user VLANs should be visible in the trunk  port that connects the controller to the LAN switch.

you mentioned "defualt-iap-user-role" which could mean that you are using IAP-VPN solution. So I am not sure what are you trying to do.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Setting up new controller and moving from Instant

Posted 2 days ago
    I don't want to bridge but tunnel isn't working. We had Instant and converted to Campus.  The default profile wasn't working so tried others.  That profile is any/any, so thought I would try it.  All wireless VLANs are trunked.  I just want clients to get an IP and have internet access.  That isn't happening for some reason. 

• 4.  RE: Setting up new controller and moving from Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

does your controller have valid AP and PEFNG licenses? if so it should be at min, equal to the number of your APs.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Setting up new controller and moving from Instant

Posted 2 days ago
    We currently have 74 licenses and waiting on the purchase of the remainder of out licenses.  The APs I am working with currently are licensed.

We have AP, PEF, and RF Protect, as well as VIA.

So PEFNG, RFP, and AP.

Do I need all APs licensed for my already licensed APs to work.

--
    Shane Farmer
    Director of Technology, Lawson School District

816-580-7270 x590 | 816-296-2005 DID | 417-251-1751 mobile | farmers@lawsoncardinals.org | 
    http://lawsoncardinals.org | Skype: farmeunit | 600 Bob Gill Dr., Lawson MO  64062
    "Those parts of the system that you can hit with a hammer (not advised) are called hardware; those program instructions that you can only curse at are called software."

• 6.  RE: Setting up new controller and moving from Instant

Posted 2 days ago
    Update, I trunked the interface and we now have internet.