Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

SFP Compatibility 5406Rzl2

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  SFP Compatibility 5406Rzl2

Posted Aug 12, 2022 11:37 AM
    Will a ProLab sfp-10gbase-sr-c work in a 5406Rzl2 with a J9535A module? Updated all the way to the newest firmware and it seems like the switch still doesn't see the SFP.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: SFP Compatibility 5406Rzl2

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 13, 2022 08:34 AM
    Have you tried the allow-unsupported-transceiver way (available since ArubaOS-Switch 16.02)? it is described here and here (just two examples) or in the official Aruba 5400R zl2 documentation (any software from 16.02 up to 16.11) freely available on ASP (Aruba Support Portal) here.

Have a look into this.

• 3.  RE: SFP Compatibility 5406Rzl2

Posted Aug 13, 2022 03:17 PM
    I updated to most recent FW 16.11(maybe) and yes I tried that command already. "show tech transceivers" only shows the one HPE 1g SFP.

• 4.  RE: SFP Compatibility 5406Rzl2

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 13, 2022 03:46 PM
    The allow-unsupported-transceiver command just enables (allows) the switch to try to recognize unsupported Transceivers...there is NO GUARANTEE that any possible 3rd party Transceiver ever made will be recognized and accepted by the Switch HW/SW...in other words, that command doesn't imply that any non-HPE/non-Aruba Transceiver you throw at the Switch will work (I would better say: ...will work at all)...so...sadly (but sadly only up to a very near point)...if it doesn't work...then it doesn't work and you should try another one OR, safe and better oprion, a supported one.

• 5.  RE: SFP Compatibility 5406Rzl2
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 13, 2022 03:52 PM
    Wait: I re-read your first post...the J9535A Module supports only SFP Transceivers (4 ports), not SFP+ ones...no matter what you will try, if you are installing a SFP+ Transceiver into a SFP port (SFP and SFP+ share the same form factor) you can wait until the end of the Sun and the SFP+ will be never recognized (supported or not it is).

• 6.  RE: SFP Compatibility 5406Rzl2

Posted Aug 13, 2022 04:12 PM
    thank you sir